Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Italians


Met in Ulaangom, and re-met in Olgiy, the Venetian velocipedists peddled into my life like Laurel and Hardy, but with infinitely more style. Only an Italian can still look good while pushing a bike through mud and clouds of mosquitos!




With time on their side as well, after visiting Khoton Lake together, we filled in the days doing small rides around Olgiy. Inveterate cyclists both of them, they soon had me eating their dust, both uphill and down.


John (who is actually Scottish) gave me lots of bike tips and Claudio taught me how to swear in the Venetian dialect; both infinitely useful I'm sure.


My thanks to both of you for the great company and next time we meet it will be over a real coffee and tirimisu.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For heaven's sake Michelle, we don't need you learning anymore swear words in any other language. After you've had a few tipples at our get togethors, we won't know what you're calling us.
Luv...Dee