Thursday, June 5, 2008

Charity Cycle

Waiting to cross the channel at Calais, I met a group from Vodafone doing a ride from Dusseldorf to Newbury to raise money for youth at risk and street kids in Germany. After an invitation to join, I thought....why not! It turned out to be one of the highlights of my trip so far.

My "team", Stephen, Ed and Hadrian (from l-r), always seemed to find the more 'novel' routes to take compared to the other teams, which usually included stairs, stiles and stinging nettle. My thanks to all the cyclists from Vodafone, particularly Hadrian (for talking me into it), Michael (for doing such a great job as organiser) and my team (for the fantastic company).



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle.
It was a pleasure and an honour to cycle with you. Have a fantastic onward journey. Ed.

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
was a great pleasure having you with us. We only cycled 700km, 16.300km less then you have done so far ;-) We will do something similar next year again so make sure that you and your bike will be in Europe around same time next year!
cheers Michael