Saturday, October 6, 2007

Lake Balkash

The road to Lake Balkash via Karaul and Aktogay was rough and it won the dubious award of 'worst road to-date'. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have strong masochistic tendencies.



It did, however, supply me with a few "firsts".






My first flat tyre......












The first time I bottomed out completely and seriously did not enjoy where I was and what I was doing.....






And.....





My first swim in Kazakhstan!










I was given the use of a small shack on the side of the lake so I made the most of it and spent 2 days trying to regain my sanity after the steppes.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello... you haven't answer my email... so I understand you are traveling somewhere which doesn't have Internet...
Mini and I decided to marry next year... more detail... early next year... maybe January or February..
So WE HOPE TO MEET YOU AT THE TIME.. IF YOU CAN CONTACT INTERNET, PLEASE EMAIL ME..OR MINI.. HAVE A GREAT TRAVEL..AND TAKE MANY GOOD PICTURES...